Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Protection Against The Wicked

PSALM 140
Prayer for Protection against the Wicked.For the choir director. A Psalm of David.PS 140:1 Rescue me, O Lord, from evil men;Preserve me from violent men Who devise evil things in their hearts;They continually stir up wars. They sharpen their tongues as a serpent; Poison of a viper is under their lips. Selah.PS 140:4 Keep me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked; Preserve me from violent menWho have purposed to trip up my feet. The proud have hidden a trap for me, and cords;They have spread a net by the wayside;They have setl snares for me. Selah.PS 140:6I said to the Lord, “You are my God; Give ear, O Lord, to the voice of my supplications. “O God the Lord, the strength of my salvation,You have covered my head in the day of battle. “Do not grant, O Lord, the desires of the wicked;Do not promote his evil device, that they not be exalted. Selah.PS 140:9“As for the head of those who surround me,May the mischief of their lips cover them. “May burning coals fall upon them;May they be cast into the fire,Into deep pits from which they cannot rise. “May a slanderer not be established in the earth; May evil hunt the violent man speedily.”PS 140:12I know that the Lord will maintain the cause of the afflictedAnd justice for the poor. Surely the righteous will give thanks to Your name;The upright will dwell in Your presence.

No comments: