Saturday, February 12, 2011

A cause for celebration:

Today I have a cause for celebration. Today, I shall celebrate what an unbelievable life I've had so far: the accomplishments, the many blessings, and, yes, even the hardships because they have served to make me a stronger woman. Just as a gem cannot be polished without friction, nor can a life be perfected without trials. I'm taking the time to acknowledge my life and praising myself. 


Ecstatic about my Hemodialysis Training beginning Feb 21st, a goal that I've had to put on hold due to caring for my mother these past (almost) couple of years (alone), and I will continue to do so; my parents are now my responsibility, they're the best, always have been, and I will do absolutely anything for them, for as long as I possibly can. While having my mom being diagnosed with Renal Failure, I was drawn to learn more about the chronic disease, and decided on expanding my studies, and practice of Nephrology. My career path will take a drastic change from being an Engineering Configuration Manager to a Hemodialysis Patient Care Technician, but so looking forward to the new challenge. And, I'm humbly grateful that my mother is now on the list for a kidney transplant; and not to mention, she overcame, defeated one of the most known killers known to the human race, cancer (breast cancer). It's victories like this that make my heart very, very happy! 


I am forevermore thankful for the wonderful physicians shes had through this long and tough journey, God's blessed my mother and family beyond words could ever express. Therefore, today, I have a cause for celebration! So here I go, onto my new chapter in life, going all in, and will soar on eagles wings--with the grace of God covering and sustaining me.  


God's been good to me, yes He has! 



No comments: